Rian Luang Por Toh Wat Phanan Choeng Roon Sorng (2nd Issue Medallion) – Mass Consecrated – Year 2485 B.E.
Name: Rian Luang Por Toh Wat Phanen Choeng Roon Sorng (2nd Issue Medallion)
Blessed by: Mass Consecrated by some of the TOP TIERED Holy Monks of Thailand
Temple: Wat Phanan Choeng, Ayutthaya
Year: 2485 B.E. ( 1942 A.D. )
Material made: Made of COPPER with Primitive Gold Plating
EXCELLENT AND TIP TOP CONDITION!
EXTREMELY UNDERVALUED BLESSED BY TOP TIERED HOLY MONKS OF THAILAND!
ONE OF THE TOP TIERED AND MOST RECOGNIZED BUDDHA IMAGES OF THAILAND!
A truly spectacular piece with a very, very rich history behind! Extremely undervalued!
Easily our BEST RECOMMENDATION for anyone looking to acquire a piece for their daily wear or as an addition to their collection! Not an easy piece to encounter due to its pristine condition! The original texture is perfectly and originally preserved with all important details extremely distinctive!
The Buddha image featured in this particular medallion is known as Luang Por Toh and it is the Principle Buddha of the Ancient Temple of Wat Phanan Choeng, located in the Ancient City of Ayutthaya!
This Ancient Temple was built approximately 700 years ago in Year 1867 B.E. (1324 A.D.), some 26 years before the city of Ayutthaya was officially founded, the temple must have been partly connected to early settlements in the area. These notably allegedly included a 200-strong refugee community from Song Dynasty China.
The large wihan, the highest building within the temple complex, houses an immense gilded 19 meter high seated Buddha from 1334 CE. This highly revered Buddha statue is called Luang Por Toh (Thai: หลวงพ่อโต) by Thais, and Sam Pao Kong (Thai: ซำเปากง) by Thai-Chinese.
The temple was visited in 1950 B.E. (1407 A.D.) by Zheng He, a Chinese Muslim eunuch admiral from Yunnan who leading his second Ming imperial voyage. He bestowed gifts upon the temple in a great ceremony that included Siamese royal participation, and is today remembered by Thai-Chinese visitors who still visit the temple in his honor.
This particular batch of medallions were made in Year 2485 B.E. and it was the official 2nd Issue Medallion to be distributed from the temple! The scale of the consecration ceremony was absolutely immense! Numerous top tiered Holy Monks of the previous generation were all present to participate in blessing the medallion!
A very notable few includes:
1. Luang Por Plien, Wat Tai, Kanchanaburi
2. Luang Por Phum, Wat Bang Khlo Nok
3. Luang Por Phring, Wat Bang Pah Kok
4. Luang Por Hiang, Wat Pah Aranwikawat, Chonburi
5. Luang Por Jahn, Wat Ban Yang, Ratchaburi
6. Luang Por Klin, Wat Saphan Soong
7. Luang Por Yee, Wat Satahib, Chonburi
8. Luang Por Ngern, Wat Don Yai Horm, Nakhon Pathom
9. Luang Por Luer, Wat Sao Cha Ngok, Cha Choeng Sao
10. Luang Pu Phueak, Wat King Kaew, Samut Prakan
11. Luang Por Jahd, Wat Bang Kra Bhao, Prachinburi
12. Luang Pu Bai, Wat Chong Lom, Samut Sakhon
13. Luang Pu Seng, Wat Kalayamithon
14. Luang Por Roong, Wat Tha Kra Bierh, Samut Sakhon
15. Luang Por Kong, Wat Bang Kra Pom, Samut Songkhram
16. Luang Pu An, Wat Prayatikaram, Ayutthaya
17. Luang Por Khan, Wat Nok Kra Jab, Ayutthaya
18. Luang Pu Jahn, Wat Nang Noo, Lopburi
19. Luang Por Cham, Wat Ta Kong, Nakhon Pathom
20. Luang Por Pluem, Wat Pah Klong Makam Thao, Chainat
21. Luang Por Noi, Wat Thammasara, Nakhon Pathom
22. Luang Por Jong, Wat Nah Tang Nok, Ayutthaya
23. Luang Por Lek, Wat Bang Nom Kho, Ayutthaya
24. Luang Por Chaeng, Wat Bang Paeng, Nonthaburi
and many more!
These holy monks listed are among THE TOP OF THE TOP! THE MOST PROMINENT OF THE MOST PROMINENT! Each of those holy masters amulets are extremely sought after and can be priced in astronomical amounts! Millions and millions of baht in value depending on the variants, conditions and materials!
It truly shows the true undervalued nature of this spectacular medallion!
The condition of this medallion is nothing short of exceptional! Extremely collectible and easily one of OUR BEST RECOMMENDATIONS!
INCLUSIVE OF A CUSTOM MADE SOLID GOLD FRAMING!
Interested in any of our items?
Contact us today! ☎️☎️☎️☎️☎️
?PM us : FB.com/GenThaiBuddha
?Call us : +65 6533 1160
?Whatsapp us : +65 9365 5791